Khaing Roe La | DMG
November 21, Kyauktaw

After a Tatmadaw unit was attacked by explosive devices near Thayat Tabin village in Kyauktaw Township, Arakan State, the Tatmadaw and police entered villages, including Thayat Tabin where the bomb blasts occurred and detained five people for questioning.

One out of five detainees was released after a few days, and the remaining four people were transferred to Kyauktaw Myoma police station.

One of family members of a captive said that they went and met the detainees at Kyauktaw police station and saw that all detainees suffered injuries to their bodies from physical abuse.

“When I went and met my son at police station today, I saw that he has injuries on his right hand and back. He was beaten with a bamboo stick while being questioned by the Tatmadaw. I saw the other detainees with injuries as well,” U Maung Than Moe, father of a detainee Kyi Linn, told DMG.

Ko Zaw Win, a Kyauktaw town resident said that he witnessed that Mg La Yaung, one of detainees was sent to Kyauktaw hospital at around 4 p.m. on November 20 to have medical treatment.

“I saw that his face and nose was swollen and his eyes looked like they were about to come out,” he said.

In regard to the detainees, DMG tried to contact Colonel Win Zaw Oo from the Western Command on November 20, but he was busy and suggested to call later.

DMG also tried to call head of Kyauktaw Myoma police station many times but didn’t get any response.

A Tatmadaw unit was attacked by explosive devices on November 13 beside Yangon – Sittwe highway road near Thayat Tabin village, and the attack killed some Tatmadaw soldiers.

The next day, the Tatmadaw and police entered the villages near where the bomb blasts occurred and detained Nay Myo Tun @ Aung Paing from Thayat Tabin village, Mg Kular from Thayat Tabin (Pyin Hla) village, Nyi Nyi Soe from Ywar Ma Pyin village, Mg Kyi Linn from Sapar Seik village and Mg La Yaung from Myebon town.

On November 19, Nay Myo Tun @ Aung Paing was released on bail from the Kyauktaw police station, and the remaining four people are still being detained at the police station.

U Maung Maung, a member of State Hluttaw from Kyauktaw Township, said that he heard that the four detainees were charged by the Tatmadaw.
“Aung Paing is released now. We heard that the remaining people are charged by the Tatmadaw and don’t know yet which laws will be used,” he said.

The family of Mg Kyi Linn said that he was detained while he was going to send lunches to boarding school in Thayat Tabin village from Sapar Seik village.

Mg La Yaung was in Thayat Tabin village for business and was detained on suspicion while the Tatmadaw and police entered the village, and the other two were detained on suspicion as well while being questioned.

The four detainees were remanded on November 20 by Kyauktaw court.

Pin It


Privacy for IDP females is scarce
Devoted teacher still languishes behind bars
Ma Phyu’s Story: Living Life in Limbo


The Legacy of Collis house
Mangrove conservation in Arakan State
AA’s 10-year revolution

Find us on Facebook